Market Research Analyst
Company: Society of Actuaries
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Market Research Analyst This is a hybrid position which can be
based in either the Schaumburg, IL or downtown Chicago office. The
Market Research Analyst is a key member of the Strategy and
Innovation Team and is responsible for conducting market research
and analysis to support the SOA strategic plan. By translating
insights into actionable recommendations, the Market Research
Analyst makes significant contributions to the Society of Actuaries
decision-making and enhances our collective understanding of
members, candidates, and marketplace dynamics. ESSENTIAL
- Conduct market research with an innovative mindset. Focus on
gathering actionable insights to identify pain points and
- Develop respect, trust, and confidence of internal clients to
foster robust collaboration and to function as an integral part of
- Collaborate and communicate with technology and finance teams
to understand, analyze and leverage our internal information within
our database about our candidates and members. Study the
information over time and identify trends about our stakeholders
and business metrics.
- Support various internal market research efforts, such as those
related to candidates and members experiences for Engagement,
Education, Research, Product Development and Innovation, and
Professional Development or other teams as needed through custom or
- Execute the in-house market research projects from start to
finish, including defining the research need, the development of
research instruments, recruiting and hosting focus groups, data
analysis and interpretation, and report writing/presentation.
- Effectively communicate information to internal clients and
across departments to institutionalize learning over time through
dashboards and information made available to the staff and
- Benchmark data and findings. Identify critical information to
publish to external stakeholders. Monitor websites of similar
organizations and report on changes and information that is
important to the SOA.
- Manage research vendors to ensure project designs are
appropriate, project timelines are met, and studies are completed
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, on tight
deadlines. NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Stay current on innovative adult education trends, desired
skills of target markets, the insurance industry, and new tools and
- Follow world events that impact our key markets, products, and
services. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount
of training, education and experience will be considered)
- Bachelor s degree in market research, economics, statistics, or
a related analytical field. A Master s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of market research or related work
experience, with 5+ years of experience preferred, including
questionnaire or discussion guide development. Previous experience
managing both qualitative and quantitative research projects is a
- Strategy, product development, and business development
exposure is a plus.
- Experience in SPSS or comparable statistical analysis software
is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau or comparable analysis software is a
- Knowledge of innovative market research principles and
processes, including but not limited to scoping, defining
objectives, research design, sampling, data collection, data
analysis, and data visualization.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret, and communicate market
research results for a variety of audiences. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Clearly demonstrates high levels of integrity, self-motivation,
and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to develop and program online surveys using Qualtrics
or other comparable online survey platforms.
- Ability to analyze data using statistical software packages
such as SPSS or SAS.
- Ability to perform data analysis and visualization with
- Ability to effectively summarize results in reports,
spreadsheets, and charts for technical and non-technical
- Clearly demonstrates a strong aptitude for establishing and
maintaining interpersonal relationships, including the ability to
work collaboratively across the organization to build a strong,
trusted market research program.
- Ability to lead, recommend, and question the information
collected that contributes to critical business decisions.
- Strong, demonstrated belief in the importance of understanding
the marketplace and applying those understandings to market
research, strategy formulation and solution development.
- Ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities from market
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically and help
translate market research findings into strategic decisions.
- Must be comfortable with taking initiative, seek secondary
research that s valuable and work creatively to answer market
research questions and determine directions.
- Possess excellent project management and organizational skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, set
priorities, and meet deadlines, and communicate early if deadlines
are an issue.
- Ability to work with limited direct guidance at times and
comfortable with ambiguity and change The SOA will provide equal
opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment
regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, age, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or
physical), genetic information, military or veteran status, marital
status, order of protection status, gender identity, sexual
orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Such
action shall include but is not limited to: initial consideration
for employment; job placement and assignment of responsibilities;
performance evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and
fringe benefits; training and professional development
opportunities; formulation and application of human resource
policies and rules; facility and service accessibility; and
discipline and termination. This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to
follow other job-related instructions and to perform other
job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state
and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be
subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable
state and federal laws.
Keywords: Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg , Market Research Analyst, Professions , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!