Forklift Operator 2nd Shift $18.98+.75 cents Premium
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders,
picklists, shipping orders or requisition to determine items to be
moved, gathered or distributed.
- Distributes materials and items from receiving or production
areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in
bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in designated areas.
- Maintains proper FEFO (First Expiration in First Out) staging
at all times to ensure all items are staged in the order in which
they expire (Oldest to Newest).
- Processes and distributes requisitions, work orders, requests
for materials, or other stock items to other departments.
- Labels materials with barcodes containing identifying
information (item, description, lot, use-by-date and pallet tag
number) on inbound receipts.
- Records amounts of materials or items received and/or
distributed on count sheets and picklists.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
- Maintains inventory records through proper scanning, labeling
and storage of product.
- Performs weekly cycle counts of assigned area.
- Completes daily forklift checklist at the beginning of each
- Reports any damage to forklifts, equipment, or product to
- Submits requests to supervisor for any needed maintenance or
repairs on forklifts.
- Cross trains in all duties and responsibilities of all
nonexempt Warehouse positions.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention
to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with
all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or
safety-related issues to Management. Accomplishes all tasks as
appropriately assigned or requested. Education, Skills and
Experience: Education: High School or GED required. Minimum of 2
years of previous stand up forklift experience is required for this
position. Skills and Experience: A forklift certification is
required from Nation Pizza and Foods within 48 hours of the start
of their employment. Previous standup forklift experience and
experience with bar coding and automatic data collection would be
helpful. Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating
shifts. Excellent organizational skills as well multi-tasking
skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency
with basic office equipment. Must understand numbers and apply
basic statistics. Ability to compute by adding, subtracting and
averaging numbers. Ability to analyze, interpret, correlate, and
present data. Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful. Ability to
communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse
individuals within the plant and corporate environments.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications. Ability to thrive in a
constantly changing environment. Physical Demands and Work
Environment: The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is
occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Work
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works in an office environment. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties
of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to
airborne particles. While in the warehouse or dock areas the
Employee may need to operate forklift equipment in tight spaces and
with high activity. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold
temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to
over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the
employee is required to utilize the required personal protective
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Schaumburg , Forklift Operator 2nd Shift $18.98+.75 cents Premium, Professions , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!