Forklift Operator 1st Shift $18.75
Company: Nation Pizza and Foods
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders,
picklists, shipping orders or requisition to determine items to be
moved, gathered or distributed.
- Distributes materials and items from receiving or production
areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in
bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in designated areas.
- Maintains proper FEFO (First Expiration in First Out) staging
at all times to ensure all items are staged in the order in which
they expire (Oldest to Newest).
- Processes and distributes requisitions, work orders, requests
for materials, or other stock items to other departments.
- Labels materials with barcodes containing identifying
information (item, description, lot, use-by-date and pallet tag
number) on inbound receipts.
- Records amounts of materials or items received and/or
distributed on count sheets and picklists.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards.
- Maintains inventory records through proper scanning, labeling
and storage of product.
- Performs weekly cycle counts of assigned area.
- Completes daily forklift checklist at the beginning of each
- Reports any damage to forklifts, equipment, or product to
- Submits requests to supervisor for any needed maintenance or
repairs on forklifts.
- Cross trains in all duties and responsibilities of all
nonexempt Warehouse positions.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention
to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with
all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP's
(Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or
safety-related issues to Management. Accomplishes all tasks as
appropriatelyassigned or requested. Education, Skills
andExperience: Education: High School or GED required. Minimum of 2
years of previous stand up forklift experience is requiredfor this
position. Skills and Experience: A forklift certification is
required from Nation Pizza and Foods within48 hours of the start of
their employment. Previous standup forkliftexperience and
experience with bar coding and automatic data collection wouldbe
helpful. Ability to work overtime, irregularhours or rotating
shifts. Excellentorganizational skills as well multi-tasking
skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency
with basic office equipment. Must understandnumbers and apply basic
statistics. Ability tocompute by adding, subtracting and averaging
numbers. Ability toanalyze, interpret, correlate, and present data.
BilingualEnglish/Spanish skills helpful. Ability to communicate
andwork effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within
the plant andcorporate environments. Proficiency inMicrosoft
applications. Ability to thrivein a constantly changing
environment. PhysicalDemands and Work Environment: The physical
demands and workenvironment characteristics described here are
representative of those thatmust be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions ofthis job. Reasonable
accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essentialfunctions. Physical Demands: While
performing the duties of this job, theemployee is regularly
required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employeefrequently is
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools,or
controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with
hands andarms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or
smell. The employee mustoccasionally lift and/or move more than 50
pounds. Specific vision abilitiesrequired by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, andthe ability to adjust
focus. Work Environment: Whileperforming the duties of this job,
the employee occasionally works in an officeenvironment. The noise
level in the workenvironment is usually moderate. Whileperforming
the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally
worksnear moving mechanical parts. Theemployee is occasionally
exposed to airborne particles. While in the warehouse or dock areas
theEmployee may need to operate forklift equipment in tight spaces
and with highactivity. Employee may be exposed toextreme hot or
cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degreesFahrenheit
to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work
environment isusually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the
employee is required toutilize the required personal protective
Keywords: Nation Pizza and Foods, Schaumburg , Forklift Operator 1st Shift $18.75, Professions , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!