Retail Commission Sales Associate - Fine Jewelry, Woodfield - Full Time
Posted on: September 17, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job,
part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to
launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top
executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles,
or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the
various functions at Macy's. Job Overview: The Jewelry Sales
associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service
in the Jewelry & Watch Complex. This includes meeting hourly sales
and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis,
demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, building a
clientele using the My Client system, offering the customer our
Worry No More service plan and creating a shopping experience that
will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The Jewelry
Sales associate will participate in ongoing training via the iPad
as well as attend vendor and trainer facilitated trainings.
Additionally, all Jewelry Sales associates participate in all
aspects of ensuring the department is operating efficiently
including but not limited to processing goods, merchandising,
taking price changes, setting and signing sales, doing RTVs, BOPS &
Fulfillment. Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our
associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules
by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally,
during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer
additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using
the self-scheduling tool. Essential Functions:
- Be proficient in use of all POS systems including Search and
Send and My Client.
- Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to
shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of service, and qualify
customer needs, figure out what's right for them by using steps of
MAGIC & Fine Touch Selling.
- Offer to put purchase on customer's Macy's charge account.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
that demonstrates Macy's commitment to our customer.
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events including
trunk shows to maximize sales.
- Stay informed on current promotional events and sales.
- Offer and promote benefits of extended service plan to all
customers purchasing Fine Jewelry & Watches.
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact
information to increase personal sales and build solid customer
- Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not
limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS.
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable
within store or offer Search & Send.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related
to Jewelry (POS procedures, iPad, Operations, Asset
- Ensure proper processing, presentation, organization, storing,
and replenishment of stock. Maintain Recovery & Fill in
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness;
ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to
watch sizing and ear piercing.
- Adhere to asset protection programs and procedures to ensure
audit compliance. Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs Candidates in Colorado: Click
here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits. Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in Nevada: Click
here for Pay Range STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Schaumburg , Retail Commission Sales Associate - Fine Jewelry, Woodfield - Full Time, Sales , Schaumburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!